This Spinach Casserole is an important part of every holiday meal in our home. It is done in the slow cooker, start it in the morning and it's ready by meal time. I get asked for this recipe more than any other I have ever made.
- (4) 10 oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese, cubed (1/2 in.)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (1/2 in.)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 32 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
1) Squeeze excess liquid from frozen spinach
2) Chop cheese into approximately 1/2 inch cubes
3) Mix all ingredients together and move to a slow cooker, sprayed with cooking spray
4) Cook for 8-9 hours on low, or 1 hour on high and 4-5 hours on low
Approximately 8 servings. For a larger crowd multiply recipe by 1.5 and use a 6 quart slow cooker.